11/18/14

November's 10 Questions

"You just have to keep living until you feel alive again."

follow the leader. AKA, Spirit.

1. Have you ever owned a horse? Yup yup, three have been in my name, so technically 2 mini's and then Red.
2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? I don't really have a set discipline - I guess trail riding is considered what I do but I dabble in a lot, just at home. I love western, period. Granted there's things I like and things I dislike, but I love most of everything that comes with it. The horses, the tack, most of the people. I love being able to ride casually and do different things every day.
3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? I hate that so many of the local western riders (I say local because this isn't true for everyone) feel the need to use so many unneeded gimmicks. Slightly off-topic in a way, but I also dislike how so many people feel that trail riding (not endurance) isn't truly a hard discipline just because what? We don't show? Bleh. Ribbons or buckles don't =  a true rider.
 

4. Do you do barn chores? Yup. Every day.
5. What is your least favorite barn chore? I hate filling water buckets and troughs in the winter. My hands freeze and we currently have to lug everything around.
6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse? I can't stand a horse with pure disrespect. Biting, kicking, etc, is never okay. I have a lot more patience with bad habits under saddle than on the ground and I feel like 99% of times it's the owners fault. Respect is important on the ground, no matter how much you hate groundwork.
7. What saddle brand is your favorite? I looove my custom buffalo saddlery roper.
8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? My ponies stay fluffy and chubby all winter so nope.


 
 9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? I used to always ride in splint boots (Just fronts) but they kind of died. I need to get a new pair soon for our rougher trails.
10. Full seat or knee patch breeches? How about jeans? ;)

 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like the pony's have some winter woolies going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting a kick outta how your ponies are the same wooly as mine, and I live in california... pony fail! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! I so wish mine were super fluffy!! They're just now starting to get a coat and it's been 16 degrees! :P

      Delete
  3. Hehehe we have so much in common!!! :D My answers turned out different (post will be up tomorrow), but I still agree with most of what you wrote, especially about the trail riding.

    ReplyDelete