9/11/14

20 Things

In honor of me no longer being a terrible horse blogger because WOOT a horse is at my house!

1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof?
Red is as bombproof as a horse can get. So far the only thing that gets his feathers rumpled is ambulances. Shalom...meh. I wouldn't say bombproof but I wouldn't say spooky, either.

2. Does your horse have a long or short stride?
Red's is pretty short but Shalom's is absolutely massive on the ground so I'm guessing it'll be long under saddle. #racehorsestatus

3. Describe your current barn in 3 words?
Loving, small, family.

4. If you could switch barns, would you?
I would only leave Ivy Hills for the reason that I'm leaving now - to bring my boys home.

Even though there's spiders. Lots of spiders.






 5. What is your favorite brand of breeches?
I'm currently just a western rider so I can't answer this. Someone make a Western questionnaire!

6. How many blue ribbons do you have? (Red if you live in Canada or Britain).
Does one from Dixie Stampede count? Because man, I caught that chicken quick for that ribbon.

7. How many saddle pads do you own?
Oh geeze. I'm estimating around 7 or 8 western pads and one english pad.

8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen?
Both! Red is on my lock screen and Shalom is on my home screen. :)

9. Do you go trail riding often? (weather permitting)?
Tis' all I do for now!


Let's be honest. This is a great view.


10. Favorite horsey movie?
Hmm, I love Secretariat! Black Beauty is another favorite.

And another set of questions I found on Chasing the Dream!

1. If your horse was a person, who would they be? (you can generalize personality if you can’t think of someone).
This one is really difficult. I'll only answer for Red because I don't know Shalom all that well yet. I honestly can't think of a certain person - I've always pictured him as this sweet, soft-spoken gentleman type. An old type of southern gentleman. Easy going, calm and laid-back. Like Ray Singleton from the book/movie The Magic of Ordinary Days. Just a good old boy. ;)

Enjoying the sunset with me.

2. What is one (or two…or five) piece(s) of equipment you CANNOT live without.
Hmm, a halter and reins because Red can go without his hack and reins could double as a lead rope. I guess my saddle because I adore it and it's my prized possession, lol!

3. When did you start riding/ what discipline?  
I started riding at 13 and I ride western on trails.

4. Do you have a barn dog? If so, what breed? 
My Labrador Molly is my barn dog and my chihuahua Windy is slowly getting used to being one. :)

Molly, watching over the chickens while we move them.

Windy, wondering why I'm shoving a camera up her face.
5. Do you like doing stalls or nah?
I actually missed mucking stalls really badly for some reason. Doing all of the work for my horses makes me go to bed feeling good and accomplished.

6. What treat(s) does your horse go nuts over?
I don't give many treats but Red loves the brown sugar carrot treats from..Nutrena, I think?

7. If you've switched disciplines, why? If not, also why.
The only reason I'm just set to one discipline is because my lack of resources. I would love to do ranch work somewhere and dip into roping. I love english but western is where my heart is.

8. What is your least favorite discipline and why (yeah, I aint afraid to be scandalous)? This is a hard question. One of my least favorites is probably any discipline that features Big Lick. The end. I don't really care much for polo, either, just because I don't know much about it.

9. Who is currently your favorite rider? I will always adore Buck Brannaman.

10. What is your BIGGEST pet peeve regarding horses?
I hate how critical and closed-minded a lot of equestrians are. I've been attacked a lot for doing Natural Horsemanship with my horses. It works for me, and I don't expect everyone else to follow behind, but that's what I do. I hate seeing people so stuck in their ways that they refuse to try anything new. I also hate people who think they know everything and boss others around. Good tips and ideas? Completely welcomed. But don't be rude and just spout off everything I'm doing wrong unless it's putting myself or my horse in danger. (Big pet peeve, when people go off on me for riding bitless because my horse just needs to toughen up. That's NOT towards anyone on here, btw.) 
 
Barefoot FTW. Joking, never ride barefoot. My mom had my shoes in her hands and I promptly threw them on before dismounting, LOL.

2 comments: