8/31/12

Pinterest and Saddle Racks.

Random fun post!

So, while browsing on Craigslist in the farm and garden section (yep, I browse farm and garden.) I saw a homemade saddle rack for sale. Well, I needed a saddle rack pretty bad because my poor old saddle was currently sitting on a chair, but I didn't want to spend the money. (I'm cheap) So I showed it to my step-dad and he told me he'd make me one! It was meant to be a surprise, but I walked up to the garage and saw it. ;) We finally sanded it, painted it, distressed it and all that, and then I decided to have a little fun! My mom was sweet enough to do little drawings on it even after she spent all the time she did on painting/sanding/distressing.

I wanted to do a quote or a Bible verse on it, so I went to my sister (the creative/crafty one) and we spent a few minutes contemplating on quotes. Finally, we decided. 

I really wish I'd taken a "before picture" of it, it looks so awesome.

The picture above was our inspiration.


And here is ours! This is before mom did the little drawings. It looks a tad plain. The little bottom tray thingy is to hold tack, I think I'm going to put netting or something around it to hold the stuff in.


My saddle is happy. :) Ignore the girth randomly laying across it. :D I have a gun holster!


The coloring in the picture above is terrible. But this is the quote I picked! "Always Pray First Then Ride" even though the pic makes the saddle rack look orange, it is actually tan, and the quote is a little bit softer of a yellow. (You can see Red's hatler on the tack tray. It says Sunday...It was my moms.)

We (We being mom) also drew little flowers, but I didn't take a picture...Maybe later. :)


So, have you ever made anything like this? Do you like the quote? do you also own some hand-me-down tack, or antique tack? (The saddle was bought used by my Papaw and he gave it to my mom, and she gave it to me.)


Random, but make sure ya'll follow me on Pinterest! I have tons of horsey boards!  I can be found right  here



 

No comments:

Post a Comment