First, blog hop!
|L never fails to make wonderful images. ;)|
When I was preparing to get Red, then named "Little Red" I had no idea if he was even registered or not, he was just going to be my trail mount and honestly, as a first time horse owner, I didn't even care. He needed a home desperately and I wanted to be that home. Registration wasn't important, it still isn't. I would have happily taken him without papers and a nice breeding history, I still would. I asked my cousin if he was registered and she said yes and gave me his registered name, Cash's Steppin' Up. I was immediately interested in that because my mom had a horse from the Cash bloodlines and I was curious to know who he was related to (I still don't, gr, but ordering his papers in a couple of months.) and if he was related to my mom's old horse. Since I know absoloutly nothing about his bloodlines, other than the fact that he has two very expensive full brothers, both Bay's, both excellent ropers and great horses, and comes from some awesome roping bloodlines. I'm hoping to talk to his breeder more but he answered one email and hasn't replied back since, but I'm just hoping he's a busy man and he'll get to it when he can. It took him forever to reply to the first, soooo...
Honestly, this blog hop has made me think about his name a little bit more. Before, it had no special meaning, but I'm growing to like it a whole lot more. When my aunt first got him, they did a lot of showing and he was doing really well, but for the past couple of years, he had been out of work, bald and itchy. I feel like he's finally "Steppin' Up" and getting back to that potential that he had before to be a really amazing show/rodeo horse and possibly more. Maybe ole Cash is finally stepping up. ;)
Now, 20 questions!
1) What discipline do you ride? Umm, I guess you could say Western trails, but we do a lot of liberty work as well and I'm going to be getting more into Western Pleasure and gymkhana stuff as soon as they are moved home. Barrels, poles, roping, whatever Red decides he likes more, lol!
2) If you had to switch your discipline which one would you choose? I honestly have no clue, I'm really content with my discipline as of now because I do a lot, haha. I would really love to start actually showing WP or do some rodeo'ing, maybe get into reining, but I don't think I'd want to switch to anything that Red couldn't do. :)
3) Who is your equestrian idol? Stacy Westfall is most definitely the biggest, she got me into bridleless riding and natural horsemanship and since then, my riding and my horse have both changed so much and for the better. I love Buck Brannaman as well.
4) Who is your least favorite equestrian? I don't really feel comfortable listing my least favorite's on here, haha! Pretty much, the know it all's who think they are perfect so it's perfectly fine to be rude and dog on someone's EQ, horse and etc all the time. I'm fine with nice criticism but a lot of people take it way too far and trust me, I'll stand up for myself and you won't be happy that you were rude. ;)
5) Describe your dream horse (breed, color, markings…) Mwah, so corny, but I absoloutly love the horse that I have now. I can't imagine another breed that I'd love more, and even though I wasn't crazy over Bay's before, it's definitely a favorite now. I've never been huge on big face markings unless it's on a Paint or something, so I love his star and snip. But, I'll play along. If I could just go out and buy a horse, I would love to get a dun with striping and the dorsal, nice long mane and tail, size doesn't matter, anything in-between 14.3-17hh, I'd love a cow pony. No facial markings, could be a Quarter Horse or a nice Mustang! :)
6) Post a picture of the horse you ride
7) What would you do if you were forced to stop riding? I'd probably find a way to ride again, lol. It still wouldn't stop me from having horses, the joy doesn't come just from riding. I'm just as content out of the saddle, with my horse, than in the saddle. I'd get someone out to come ride the horse. Maybe I'd start rescuing older horses or horses that couldn't be ridden. :)
8) What was your best score at a show? I don't show. ;)
9) What is your favorite horse blog? I have a list on the sidebar of some of my favorites, but be warned-it needs to be updated and some aren't included, lol.
10) Group lesson or private? I haven't taken a real lesson yet (it's gonna happen!) but I would prefer private unless I really like the other people, lol.
11) How high do you jump? Does a foot high log count? ;)
12) What level dressage do you do? Ummm.....what's the level before you start? Red likes to do dressage moves in the pasture (and then turns into giraffe boy when I'm on him) so I bet he's at an awesome level.
13) What level eventing do you do? Trails TOTALLY count as eventing, right?
14) Cross country colors? What are they? See above. ;) Our colors are green and maroon at the moment. (Yes, like the Hulk. Yes, Red is now called Hulk by several people. I swear I didn't do that on purpose but oh well.)
15) What colors look good on your horse?The one great thing about Bay's is pretty much every color look good, I love him in bright colors but red and pinks don't seem to look good unless it's an accent since he has such a red colored coat, too much, I think. He's rocking the green and maroon now. :)
16) Opinions on Rolkur? Yuck.
17) Last time you rode? Was it great? It was wonderful and it was on Monday! (See previous post)
18) If you could spend a day with any equestrian who would it be? I'd love to meet up with some blogger or instagram friends. :) Famous wise, I would love to talk to Buck Brannaman just to get ideas on horsemanship, plus he sounds like a really wise guy.
19) Helmet or no helmet? Opinions? (If anyone is rude in the comments, I will delete them, just sayin'. I appreciate concern but I don't want my blog full of drama, helmet related or not.) I do not wear a helmet. My horse is just as likely to break my back into to, yet there is no protection for that. He could break my legs, my feet or even my hands. Yes, it's a risk, but it's a risk that I take, just like all of us take risks when we mount. This is how I ride, I'm sorry if anyone feels otherwise.
20) Who was/ is your first horse? Barbie, an evil miniature mare. ;)