Then mom and I went back out for another hour and a half to get a turkey and a present for my step-dad. Goodness, I am so tired. Ready for a nap, but it's 6PM and I have to bake stuff. :))
Since he saw every other bloggy horse writing Christmas lists, Red decided that he wanted to be in on it. ;) So, here's his Christmas list!
1. A blanket that actually fits. My human is currently stuffing me into a tiny blanket that fits SPIRIT well. You see, I'm a very well defined, manly horse and putting me into that pony's blanket? How rude. My amazing toned muscles deserve a nice, warm blanket. Not an ill-fitting one. Of course, I deserve every blanket in the world, but this one will do just fine.
|It's not a thick blanket but I always do better in the slightly thicker sheets. (From Dover)|
2. A new english bridle. Mom attempted to get me one but it didn't fit well, it's not a must, but it'd be nice to look handsome in matching tack around my girlfriends, Bay-Bay and Annabelle, instead of mis-matched stuff! The horror!
|This one may not be the typical English bridle, but as you all know, I'm NOT fond of bits, and neither is my owner! I wasn't able to track down a website-darn!-but mom said she believes it is made by Justin Dunn.|
3. A new set of reins! This is pretty much because mom keeps complaining about the stiff reins and how they hurt her hands, it's hard to concentrate on looking handsome for my girls and keeping her safe while she's rambling on and on and on and on. She said she'd like these, so I suppose I'll ask and hope that Santa Clause delivers a new pair....or maybe some ear-plugs so I don't hear her.
|She likes these leather/rubber 8 foot red reins by Weaver.|
Vaquero California Knot Split Reins
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Grate the carrot and apple
- Mix together all ingredients
- Place mixture in baking tray
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool for four hours in refrigerator
I found that recipe here!
5. A pair of SMB boots-in red, of course!! My splint boots are nice but mom always freaks out about how I cut myself when I trot, plus when we go on our scary trails-of course I'M not scared, I'm a brave steed!-I like to be prepared for random things I have to jump and that may hurt my legs!
|It was hard to pick a pair, but I think mom would be happiest with the crimson, gambler or chocolate pair!|
7. A roping saddle, preferably Circle Y because those always fit me really nice! I like to run after cows, and I should be comfortable and fashionable while doing it. After all, I put up with mom's random training ideas and "fun new stuff" and even keep her safe while we do that, so I deserve a new saddle! Right? Of course!
|Mom may like bright colored tack, but she's conservative with my saddles, so I think she'd like this one, plus it looks comfy for me!|