4/29/13

Mini Photoshoot, Bareback Riding & Grooming.

That's a long title. :) :) :) So, after it raining ALL. WEEKEND. LONG. and ruining my riding plans for those two days, I decided that the minute I could, I was barn bound. Today I had to get my teeth cleaned-and found two tiny little cavities, urgh-and the moment I was home from the dentist and my mom got some mowing done, she wanted to hang out with me at the barn, too, we left and got the Redman out to groom him. Mom had a long day and didn't want to stay very long, plus it was getting late and cold, so I decided to spend tomorrow riding and just give Red some attention, love and much needed grooming.

My horse looks AMAZING. 

Is that conceited of me to say in such big, bold, italic letters? Probably, I don't care though. My horse. He looks amazing. AMAZING. I'm going to post before and after shots just so y'all can get the full extent of his amazingness.

Side profile before, in July 2012.
 
Side profile before, July 2012.

Side profile today after grooming, April 2013.

Head picture before, around September 2012, right after I got him and moved him to the barn I board at.
Head picture today, April 2013.

His whole build has changed drastically. Before, he didn't look like a Quarter Horse, but now, there is no doubt that he is a well built Quarter with some nice bloodlines thrown in there.

Anywho, we savored the sunshine after two long days of nothing but some serious hard rain, and Red was enjoying it. Mom sat in the barn on a chair while I had him tied and grooming him. I combed his tail, mane and forelock out really good, then curried, then brushed him out with a normal hard bristle brush. I picked his hooves, and after the first time I picked his hoof up, he lifted the other three without me even having to ask or give his shoulder a push, I trimmed some of his fuzzy ear hair, then some of his fetlock hair. I trimmed the burnt ends of his forelock and mane to make it grow faster, then a couple really long random hairs on his body from the shedding process. He had a patch of white hair from scarring and I trimmed that up too so he didn't look like an Appaloosa. :)) :)) After all of that, I decided to take some pictures with my nice camera I brought along, then got mom to take a couple pictures of us. :)
Outtake! I was laughing really, really, really hard at mom's impression of me mounting bareback.

I call this, frayed halter. ;) Lol!


"No more pictures, paparazzi, please."

My new profile picture. For everything. Notice my hands. They are forming a heart. I'm smart. :)



My stud gelded muffin.

Shh...Don't look now, Eeyore, there's a puppy on your back.

I'll probably upload more pictures later! :) Computers runnin' slow! :P :P :P



One more thing, do I have a good lookin' horse or WHAT? Seriously, folks, he's a handsome rascal.

ANOTHER THING! At the dentist, the dental assistant, well, one of them, was an older lady around her mid 50's. She saw my bracelet that has Red's registered name-Cash's Steppin' Up-and asked what it meant, I explained and she asked me about Red. I spent the whole time talking about my pony! She also owned Saddlebreds all her life!!! Coollllll stufffffff!!!!!

2 comments: