12/23/12

Challenge 14:

"if you could say anything to one horse, what would you say?" (the challenge for today)

I love this challenge, a lot. It's probably one of my favorites. I had to think about it a little, which horse would I choose?? I ended up deciding on Red, which may or may not surprise you. :)) I would love for him to be able to understand what I mean when I say, "I love you." to him. I'd tell him what a difference (positive!) he has made in my life!! How amazing and carefree (I rarely EVER feel carefree!) I feel on his back, how thankful I am for him, and how much it means to me that this 1,000+ pound animal would let me put some strange thing on his back and let me ride him. :))

I would also love to be able to tell Barbie, my mini horse that I previously had to rehome, how much the experience that I got when I owned her, meant to me. I rehabilitated this wild little pony, I went out to a farm where someone was literally HERDING this horse that I was told was friendly and the opposite of wild, I was the one who told my mom and Jeff that I felt something great for her when they were ready to leave and find another horse. Mom was later happy we got Barbie, but it took a lot of convincing. I sat outside with her for hours at a time, combing her mane, talking to her, just sitting next to her. She went from wild, to annoyingly tame and sweet. :)) :)) We got to the farm where she was at and I knew somewhere underneath that raggedy look that she had at the moment was my future companion. I miss her every single day, and I wish, oh I wish, that I didn't have to rehome her. But it was either Red or Barbie, and Red was the next step for me, I needed Red and he really needed me, I had done my job with Barbie, and she went off to a much better place with 28 other mini's, and a few other big horses, on ACRES of land with some cowboy and his wife who wanted a cute little Paint. :)
I do love you, Barbie, and I miss you. :) You were my first horse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment