12/27/13

30 (weird) questions!

Yes, I'm a total copycat but haters gonna hate.

1. If your horse could talk what would they say or what would they be like?

He'd be a soft-spoken gentleman. Maybe a bit shy when he first meets you but warms up within 5 seconds, he'd be a push-over. Sweet but a little stubborn sometimes, not one to joke that much but when he does, it'd be hilarious. He'd calmly discuss things if he didn't like what was going on and never yell or get overly angry, and if he did get angry, he'd keep it mostly inside.Oh, and he'd be a hugger. Like, Danny from Full House.
I didn't choose the hug life, the hug life chose me.

2. If you were a horse what would you look like, what discipline would you compete in and what would you be like to ride? 

 Considering my short stature and human appearance, I'd probably be a pony-urgh-a palomino, with blue eyes, haha. It's funny, because palomino's are probably my least favorite color for a horse-I have no clue why? But I wouldn't say no to a good palomino..-and I'm not a pony fan. But whatevs, right? I'd be stubborn and lazy sometimes but I'd really get into my discipline when I'm competing. I have no clue what I'd do. Maybe jump? Rope? Who knows. Is there a horse competition where you see which horse can eat the fastest??

3. How many barns have you ridden at? 

Two. ;)

4. What kind of bay do you prefer? 

Ignore my awkward face.
 That one^^^^^ ;) I don't know what y'all would consider his color, but yeah. That bay. ;)

5. Can you braid a horse's mane? tail?

Mane? Yeah. Tail? Kind of.

6. Do you believe you have to fall off in order to be a good rider? 

Falling doesn't make a rider, yes, you will fall eventually, but I feel like I'm a pretty good rider and I've never fallen. I know quite a few people who I consider really good riders that haven't fallen. It comes with the job, but no.

7. What do you think is more important: eq or effective riding? 

I think they go hand-in-hand. But I don't always have good EQ when I'm just riding around and I think Red relaxes more and is better for me when I'm not so focused on it, so I think effective riding and just being relaxed is more important.

8. Are there any "horse couples" at your barn?

Yes, three. :)

9. Favorite treat to feed your horse?

Red loves apples. :)

10. Silly quirks your horse has? 

He "smiles" when he's focused on something, excited or stressed.
Awful, awful picture of me. What in the world am I doing?

11. Strangest thing you've fed your horse?

A krispy kreme donut. ;) Glazed, only a bite.

12. Have you ever made any horse friends through the internet? 

Of course! All 50 something of my followers here, plus quite a few on Pinterest and Instagram. Three of my best friends now are horsey friends I met online.

13. Would you buy horse furniture?

If it's not super tacky, yeah. (Pun intended)

14. Funniest horsey moment? 

 Probably when I attempted to mount bareback in the pasture. I ran down the steep hill, at top-speed, ran straight into Red's stomach and he just looked at me like, "Dude, you are far too fat to do that." 

15. Post a picture of your horse (or any horse) making a silly face you got on camera. 

 

16. What's a moment with horses you wished you caught on camera?

I wish I could've gotten a video of Red and I's first ride, and when I first met him, etc.....and I would've LOVED a picture of when we first loped.

17. How old was the youngest horse you've met?

I have no idea!! Probably a couple months old.

 18. Hold old was the oldest horse you've met? 

Mid 20's.

19. Opinion on colorful tack? 

I. Love. Colors. But not to the extreme. Maybe a fun headstall and plainer tack, or a fun saddle pad. I like pops of color. With Red, I typically use his black/brown pad with his red boots, or his red pad and red boots, but nothing more. For English, I like to stay moderately plain and just use the colorful pad!
Saddle up.

20. Have you ever tried horse treats? Hay?

Yes, hahaha!!! No on the hay.

21. Have you ever felt like giving up on a horse? 

No, I'm a stubborn mule and I had to prove people wrong. With Red, especially. I had to prove to everyone that he's amazing and I could push that work ethic out a bit and make him a horse that people would spend a lot of money for, not like I was gonna sell or even show, but I owed it to him, ya know?

22. Tell the story of the first horse that you first felt "click" with you immediately.

Red, without a doubt. I won't bore all of you with the story, you can read it in the "About Red" page.

23. Ever ridden side-saddle? How was it?

No, unless crossing my leg over the side of my western saddle counts. ;)


24. Most interesting place you've ridden?

Down a highway, in a subdivision and in a corn maze. ;)

25. What kind of horse do you like? (draft, sport, stock, endurance, etc)

Stock, without a doubt. I like strong and sturdy horses, powerhouses. Red is massive, and I wouldn't go any smaller than what he is. Love big horses!!

26. Do you feel like you have more patience with horses than people? 

Oh yes.

27. Is the horse you ride very vocal? 

Red only whinnies while I ride if he see's the herd running around in the separate pasture. He nickers when he see's me and occasionally whinnies after me, he whinnies when he see's his dinner, but that's about it. :)) :))

28. Ever ridden in the sunset? 

Yep!! Last Thursday was the latest, and several times before that. So relaxing!!
 

29. How do you like a horse's mane (roached, pulled, long, etc)

Looongggg...like, Lyle Lovett's horses' long. But some horse's look better with short. I can't stand a roached mane. Natural all the way.

30. What is your dream name for a horse? 

Totally depends on the pony! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the roaching of manes, well except Fjords, then its awesome.

    ReplyDelete